11/05/2013

And away we go!

 
 After 44 years, I've finally learned a valuable lesson:  Never say "Never"!  I know that it's a little cliche' but I'll tell ya', I'm quite serious about this.  I never thought I'd stop acting.  I never thought I'd get married, or divorced for that matter... and then married again.  I never imagined I'd turn a passionate hobby (photography) and turn it into a full time business.  And I certainly never ever ever thought that  I would marry someone that I went to High School with (only because I was headin' out of town as soon as I graduated).  Finally, I REALLY thought that I would NEVER EVER live in Michigan again.



"How'd that work out for ya?"

...you knew the punch line... but that's the point...

     So here we are.  Back in Brighton, 15 minutes from where we met.  We both graduated from Milford High School in Milford Michigan.  And we brought with us our little company we call McKindles Photography.  Okay, well, I was calling it McKindles Photography before we met, so she was okay with that name too.

     Who are our clients?  We photograph weddings, High School senior portraits, families and commercial clients with a flair for the creative and we're working on a few new "products" to roll out over the holidays.


So why read our blog?  What is it about?  That was the question we discussed quite a bit.  We've both taken the long way to get here, to find our paths together and there was the discussion of blogging about our blended family, about our business and about our faith.  We discussed blogging about photography, about our clients, and photography tips.  What we came up with will hopefully be an entertaining and informative blend of all of the above.

"Why not focus JUST on photography and the business?"

Because we care about all of these topics and want to share, teach and quite honestly, give our past, present and future clients a chance to connect and to get to know us.  With every session, we try to meet with every client before the session to get to know who they are and what story we are trying to tell.  We believe that this allows us to truly connect & invest in our clients and produce great results.  This blog will hopefully, from time to time, turn the tables and allow our clients to get to know us.  In the end, we believe that this builds a trust relationship, and that matters to us.

Our blog will also invite you into some of our experiences and sessions with clients.  Sneak peeks, touching tales, who knows...

And then there's photography.  Why not learn a little?  From time to time, we hope to share a tip or two and you won't need to own a pro DSLR!  Our phones are little camera's we take everywhere, so why not learn how to take great pictures with them?  What apps work best?  What apps stink?  Maybe even answer a question or two that you submit?  We have a lot of photography subjects to blog about, so hopefully we'll come across one or two that help!

So what is the blog about?  It's a blog about photography, life, faith, our clients, our experiences, our sessions, our lessons, our blended family and hopefully a funny story or two.  It's like a big Hollywood Movie!!!! (minus the big Hollywood Movie part)...

Thanks for taking the time to check us out!  Don't forget to subscribe and share the link!  Sharing is VERY good.

And...scene...
Robb & Jenny
www.robbmckindlesphotography.com