11/11/2013

Newlyweds return for Christmas!

Ian & Brittany
copyright McKindles Photography 2013


   
     Ian and Brittany were married this summer and I had the privilege of being their wedding Photographer.  You can see images of their wedding on the website www.robbmckindlesphotography.com.  This was a day made special by the hard work both Ian and Brittany's families put in to decorating (Ian's mom turned an old shed into a photo op dream!), the exhaustive hours Brittany (quite the creative craft maker) put in to being a real D.I.Y. bride, and God for supplying an incredible sunset.  To top it all off, as we were taking a few extra shots as the sun was setting, a hot air balloon came
floating over the trees!!!

     As the ballooners descended, they had asked if the owners of the field were available because they needed to land.  Running below the balloon, I yelled "I'll take care of that!  If you let my clients get in, I'll take care of the rest!"  
He wasn't kidding!
A balloon Photo-Bomber!!
So they landed!

Jenny didn't miss a beat and started telling the other guest that we had ordered the balloon as a surprise!  I'm guessing she told the truth, but still, my girl didn't even blink when opportunity knocked.  We also joked afterwards that perhaps we should advertise that "when you hire us, you'll probably have a balloon land at your reception!"...is that false advertising?...

As you can see, the owners of the hot air balloon not only let the newlyweds in the basket, they took them up for a quick ride!!! 

Thank you, balloon guys!!!

     But I digress...

     So the point of this post was to share that Brittany had mentioned wanting to book a session for Christmas as far back as when they had received their wedding album.  Sure enough, Brittany followed up and a session was booked.  We had discussed several out of the box ideas for their session, especially for Christmas Cards, but the weather was not very cooperative and we were forced to reschedule.  The weather wasn't very kind the second time (guess that balloon used a few extra points), so we opted to do our best inside the barn and get the best images we could.  Guess we'll have to save the other ideas for next year!

     I met Ian about an hour or so before the session was to begin to get the barn ready.  Thanks to Brittany's dad for helping us out with the tractor and the lights. (I was hoping he wasn't home cuz I was on the tractor ready to start 'er up when Mr. Snyder showed up.  I think he probably saw me as he was getting his boots on and decided to move a little faster when he saw the city boy climb on the front loader!).  Lights were hung and by the time Brittany was able to join us, we were ready!

One of my favorites! copyright McKindles Photography 2013

     With close to 30 images to choose from, Ian and Brittany will have no problem creating their very first Christmas Card as a married couple.  Now what is better than that?!  It's such a sweat idea, and one that shouldn't go waisted!  In fact, my new wife and I are planning our own session 'cuz WE are NEWLYWEDS TOO!

No comments: