12/26/2013

My Favorite Photo from 2013

     I thought it might be fun to pick out my favorite image of 2013 from the Robb Photo library. The rules for this contest were as such: the image had to be taken by me.  The prize is yet to be determined... I knew it'd be tough because I had so many great memories of being a photographer this year and met so many fun people that allowed me to participate in their lives in this way.  So how to choose?



     Do I consider the best under combining categories of Light, Composition, Posing, etc... Give them all points and take the highest average?  Do I choose from what could have been the most entertaining session?  The most creative?  The session that made me the most emotional?  Had some kind of cathartic emotional moment?  How was I to choose?

     Below are a handful of images that I've used to post on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.  I didn't choose these images because they were finalists or anything like that... these images are just examples of the kind of people I was honored to meet and photograph.  But after a whole 5 seconds, I knew which image was my favorite of 2013 (but you'll have to scroll down to see...).












     I could really open up my client library and show you Gobs of favorites for various reasons, and as cliche' as it sounds, almost all of the images I took are my favorites (except the bad pictures I took... trust me, if you think you never take a bad picture as a photographer, then you're crazy).  But the truth is, my favorite image from 2013 was not the best (technically speaking) image in the lot.  As everyone else in the world, our family has had some big "ups" and some harsh "downs".  From fighting cancer, relocating lives (and a certain photography business), changing jobs, engagements and weddings, new ventures within the family business, new schools, a LOT of traveling, my favorite image of 2013 comes from the library titled "McKindles Wedding".  When Jenny and I would talk about getting married, she would always interject "how are you gonna shoot our wedding if you're in it?".  She wasn't joking really.  Thank God for tripods and remotes!  So the image is not technically the best and it's missing a couple people that we wished could have been included in this shot..., this image taken on the day of our wedding has to be my favorite of the year.  Whether you know me, my wife and the road that led us to this moment or not, I'm sure you can understand why this is my favorite image of 2013.


     Thank you to everyone that allowed us into your lives this year!  May you all have a blessed new year and to those we have yet to meet, may you also have a blessed new year and we look forward to telling your story!!!

No comments: